The establishment of Purbanchal University in 1993 was visualized as an extraordinary endeavour by the Government of Nepal to create an academic centre of excellence in the Eastern Development Region of Nepal.
Its prime role was outlined to act as a catalytic agent for the promotion of socio-economic transformation in Nepal through quality education appropriate for quality life and sustainable future.
Since its establishment, the university is motivated by its fundamental objective of preserving, refining, inventing, adopting, extending and transmitting knowledge in an environment that fosters free enquiry and open scholarly debate, leading to all-encompassing development of the rural people and their economies and environment.
At present, the university has broadly identified Business Administration, Industry-Technology, Agriculture-Forestry, Environment Rural-Cultural Subsistence and Sustainable Development as specific areas of “Academic Excellence”
Purbanchal University School of Engineering and Technology (PUSET)
Purbanchal University School of Engineering & Technology (PUSET), formerly known as Science & Technology Campus, was established in 2056 BS in Biratnagar. It was established as a constituent campus of Purbanchal University and is the only one of its kind in the Eastern Region, imparting full-fledged information technology based curriculum for undergraduate and graduate students.
It was the pioneer campus to start BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application), a three-year full-time multidisciplinary undergraduate program in the year 2056 BS. It is the first campus to introduce BIT (Bachelor of Information Technology), a four-year full-time multidisciplinary undergraduate program.
The student of the campus passing BCA gets the best placement in the country and abroad in the prestigious corporate houses and other organisations. They are also involved in pursuing higher degrees in national and international universities. The first batch of the MCA (Master of Computer Applications), the two-year program was launched in the year 2060 BS as the pioneer program of the nation.
PUSET launched BE a (Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering), a four-year program in the year 2060 BS. The campus decided to follow the standard norms of Nepal Engineering Council.
PUSET is near Biratnagar Airport. The campus is spread in 2×2 bighas of land covered with partial garden and playground. PUSET further launched BE Electronic & Communication at its premises in 2061 BS.
PUSET College has produced some best IT experts and software developers. Notable people include Laxmi Khatiwata, CFO of Simplify 360, which company works for fortune 100 companies of USA and other parts of world. Some notable graduates are working in Facebook, Google, Alexa, Wipro, etc. include Khagendra Barel, Shuban Singh Karki, etc. PUSET campus, although being a government campus, delivers best knowledge in computer, IT and electronics and communication.
Centre for Population and Development (CPAD)
Centre for Population and Development (CPAD) is established as a constituent body of Purbanchal University for fostering academic studies, research and training in the area of population and development in Nepal in 2003.
Although other universities in the nation offer population and development related courses and conduct research and training, there is still need for abridging the gap for incorporating grassroots-based practical activities into the University exercises. This need inspired Purbanchal University to establish CPAD.
Currently CPAD offers Master of Science in Population and Rural Development (MSc PRD).
- Bachelor in social work (6 semester, 3 Years)
- 3 Years B.Ed. or one year B.Ed. (newly revised internal evaluation based)
Faculty of Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Fashion Design (BFD)
- Bachelor of Commerce Studies (BCS)
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Catering Management (BHCM)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor of Travel And Tourism Studies (BTTS)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) (distance mode)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Tourism Studies (MTS)
- Master of Hotel & Hospitality Management (MHHM)
Faculty of Medical And Allied Sciences (FOMAS)
- Bachelor of Public Health (BPH)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing)
- Post Basic Bachelor of Nursing (PBN)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy(B.Pharm)
- Master of Pharmacy (clinical)
Faculty of Science & Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering in Geomatic Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics And Communication
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) (Hons.)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (B.Sc.Ag.)(Hons.)
- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology (B.Tech)
- Bachelor of Science in Bio-chemistry (B.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Dairy Technology (B.Tech.)
- Bachelor of Food Technology (B.Tech.)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. and AH)
- Master in Agriculture Business Management
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Master of Engineering in Earthquake (ME)
- Master of Science in Dairy Technology (M.Sc.)
- Master of Science in Engineering Management (M.Sc.)
- Master of Science in Information System Engineering (M.Sc.)
- Master of Science in Life Science (M.Sc)
- Master of Science in Meat Technology (M.Sc)
- Master of Science in Urban Design in Conservation (M.Sc.)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
Faculty of Education
- Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.)
- Bachelor of Education (B. Ed. one-year)
- Bachelor of Education (B. Ed. distance mode)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
Faculty of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Interior Design (BID)
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Bachelor in Liberal Arts and Science
- Bachelor in Media Technology (BMT)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Master of Arts in Media Technology (MMT)
- Master of Arts in Mass Communication And Journalism
- Master in Development Communication
- Master in Development Studies
- Master in Sociology/Anthropology
- Master in Population and Rural Development
- Master in Rural Development Planning And Gender Studies
- Master in Regional Development Planning And Management
- Master in Social Work
- Post Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Journalism (PGD)
Faculty of Law
- Legisum Laterum Bachelor (LLB)
- Legisum Laterum Masterom (LLM)
- Master’s degree in Conflict and International Humanitarian Law
- Master’s degree in Human Rights